Call for Session Proposals!
Submission Deadline: Friday, January 17, 2014
Notification of Acceptance: Mid-February, 2014
Northwest Archivists is holding its annual meeting in beautiful Spokane, Washington, May 29-May 31, 2014 at the Davenport Hotel.
We are excited to discuss new and innovative ways of reaching new audiences with the past using our archival collections! We're keeping our theme broad in an effort to invite a wide range of presentation topics.
The form for submissions is available here: NWA Conference Session Proposals Online Form
Here are some topic suggestions:
- Providing archival education and instruction to students, older adults, local communities, etc.
- Curating exhibits to engage a changing audience
- Implementing outreach activities and events for local communities
- Developing and using new tools (or old tools in innovative ways) to provide access to collections
- Connecting and collaborating with Native American and Alaska Native groups through archives
- Using social media to connect users to collections
- Refining or expanding collection development policies and strategies to provide archival audiences with new sources of information
- Developing and implementing marketing and branding strategies
And, of course, feel free to brainstorm your own ideas and submit your proposal(s)!
Questions? Contact Natalia Fernández, Program Committee Chair, firstname.lastname@example.org