Oscar Mueller Collection Project: This internship opportunity involves continuing processing work on the Mueller Family Papers, including photographic collection processing, and digitization/digital curation of paper records. Oscar Mueller, an attorney by trade, was also an amateur archaeologist and local historian in the Lewistown area of Montana. The collection includes correspondence, financial records, legal documents, and subject files focusing on regional history related to industries such as mining, ranching, law, forest management, medicine, regional history. The collection also includes extensive collection of photographs dating back to the 1860s.
The Mueller internship will include training as required by MHS photograph archivist’s staff:
- Care and handling of historic photos
- Identification and description of photographic processes and formats
- Creation of MARC records (internal standards) and EAD format inventories/finding aid
- Upload of photographs into ContentDM based catalog (per consortium guidelines)
- Digitization of archival documents (per internal standard) and upload to ContentDM system
This is a paid internship ($5,000) consisting of 400 hours, completed over the summer of 2019 (June to September). The intern will serve as mentor and supervisor of an Montana undergraduate history student. Deadline is February 21, 2019. Please see the application for additional details.