Log in
"Reflection of Mt. McKinley on Wonder Lake in Denali National Park, Alaska, circa 1988." Randy Brandon Collection, Anchorage Museum, B2016.019.06458.036.04.04.
"Bridge across Hess Creek Canyon, leading the the Hartley house, circa 1885." George Fox University Photographs. GFU.01.09. George Fox University Archives. Murdock Library. George Fox University.
Unknown, "Students in Airplane, 1946." Linfield College Archives Photograph Collection. Image. Submission 113.
"Dr. Henry Fielding Reed leading a Mazama party down the soon-to-be-named Reed Glacier on Mount Hood, 1901." Mazama Library and Historical Collections, VM1993.020 Mt Hood, 1901.
Oregon Metro Archives.
"Deputy Seth Davidson rides his motorcycle up Beacon Rock on March 18, 1930. From the records of the Multnomah County Sheriff's Office." Multnomah County Archives.
"Mount Hood from Lost Lake, circa 1910." Kiser Photo Co. photographs, Org. Lot 140, bb000223, Oregon Historical Society Research Library.
“University of Oregon Medical School football team, 1894,” OHSU Digital Commons, accessed August 16, 2018.
"Old Fort Road Campus, circa 1950s," University Archives, Oregon Institute of Technology.
"Belle Bloom Gevurtz, Sarah Goodman, Ophelia Goodman, Helen Goodman, Lillian Heldfond, and Ann Zaik at Cannon Beach, circa 1914," Oregon Jewish Museum and Center for Holocaust Education, OJM2996.
"Men repairing the dome of Congregation Beth Israel building on NW Flanders St., designed in 1925 by Herman Brookman, 1981," Oregon Jewish Museum and Center for Holocaust Education, OJM9966.
"View of OAC from Lower Campus, 1909." Oregon State University Archives and Special Collections.
"Woman with Child, n.d.," C.M. Russell Museum, Great Falls, Montana. Joseph Henry Sharp Photograph Collection.
"Green Lake Park, 1985." Seattle Arts Commission. [Office of Arts and Cultural Affairs]. Seattle Municipal Archives.
"Aerial view of Century 21 World's Fair, 1962." City Light Negatives, Seattle Municipal Archives.
"PH037_b089_S00208," Angelus Studio photographs, 1880s-1940s, University of Oregon. Libraries. Special Collections & University Archives.
"Students studying in the library, University of Washington, circa 1908-1909," Arthur Dean University of Washington Photograph Album, PH Coll 903, University of Washington Libraries Special Collections.
Asahel Curtis, "Forest ranger cabin in the Olympic National Forest in the Elwha Valley, 1924." Conservation Department, Planning and Development division, Lantern Slide Shows, Washington State Archives.
Asahel Curtis, "Stacking alfalfa hay near Grandview, circa 1925." Conservation Department, Planning and Development division, Lantern Slide Shows, Washington State Archives.
"Inauguration of Governor Ferry, November 11, 1889." Rogers (photographer), Inauguration of Governor Ferry Photographs, 1889, Washington State Archives, Digital Archives.
Asahel Curtis, "Yakima Pears." Washington State Library collection of photographs by Asahel Curtis, circa 1920-1940 (MS 0544-29).
"Student in Professor Frank Chalfant's Phonetics Laboratory," 1912. The lab was an early precursor to today's Foreign Language Lab. Washington State University Lantern Slides collection.
Bill Phillips, "Wheel Shop employees in Livingston during the last days of Livingston BN Shops," Park County." Yellowstone Gateway Museum.

Explore beautiful Salem, Oregon and nearby attractions



 





















Photo by Frank Miller


Salem Heritage Network (SHINE) - A wonderful resource for Salem history. Visit the blog for six historic walking tours including the Salem in Oregon History, the Downtown, and the Riverfront walking tours.

Asahel Bush House Museum *- is nestled among natural groves of old oak trees in a gracious pastoral set­ting that served as a gentleman’s farm for the Bush family. This 1878 Italianate residence was the home of pioneer Asahel Bush II, a key fig­ure in the early politics of Oregon and in the development of Salem.

Historic Deepwood Estate *- is an 1894 Queen Anne Victorian Home situated on approximately 4 acres of manicured gardens and nature trails set in the heart of Salem near its downtown core.

Willamette Heritage Center at the Mill *- is a stroll through the Willamette Valley's pioneer and industrial past on this beautiful 5-acre campus with its collection of 14 historic buildings that encompass the saga and richness of Oregon’s past.  Among the structures on site is the 1841 Jason Lee House, 1841 Methodist Parsonage, 1847 John Boon House, 1858 Pleasant Grove Church, and the 1896 Thomas Kay Woolen Mill.

*A joint discounted ticket is being made available to conference attendees. Purchase the $6.00 ticket and have the opportunity to visit all three museums. Tickets good from Thursday, April 26 through Saturday, April 28, 2012. You may purchase the ticket when you register.

Visit Travel Salem's site for a list of local Gardens, Parks, Restaurants, Wineries and Vineyards and so much more!




Please contact Colleen Needham (Communications Chair) with any questions. 

Copyright belongs to the Northwest Archivists, Inc.

Powered by Wild Apricot Membership Software